Traditional Cookie Recipes - Why Are They Loved So Much?

Long ago, taste and feel of a homemade oatmeal cookie is a very gratifying indulgence. Today, with the so many dessert recipes in thousands of cookbooks everywhere, traditional cookie recipes are every so often set aside.

The way things have change decades after decades also brought dramatic transformation to our old favorite cookies. But how come traditional cookie recipes continued to survive in the ocean of new delectable modern delights? How come traditional mounds of sugary, peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness are still very addicting? There must be something about traditional cookie recipes that makes it so much loved.

Despite the fact that oatmeal cookies are not much considered a favorite these times, old cookie recipes are still among the best, and the reason why? Traditional cookie recipes carry the emblem of the memorable delicious taste and spirit of long ago. Therefore it is proven that sometimes traditions are best! Even the kids today will want to get savvy to make a treat of this wonderful historical taste in their cookie.

If you look around, we are still so used to hearing about the old classic cookie recipes. Pillsbury bake-offs have been existing for over 50 years. Even with the popularity of Splenda today, a lot of people still use the classic brown sugar and wheat pastry flour in place of modern enriched flour. It's also awesome that oatmeal is still remembered a great substitute to contemporary dried ingredients. I feel nostalgic that even though I style my mother's traditional oatmeal recipe into modern dreidels, I still feel close to her arms it's like making the whole thing more delicious.

In my opinion, traditional cookie recipes personify the taste of the old fashioned. The fork pressed edges, the so indulging filling that ranges from raisins to farm-fresh jam, all things carefully made by hand, slower but sure-paced and apron-clad homemakers along with the country smell of fresh-from-the-oven cookies. All these are the extraordinary spices added to traditional cookie dough making the whole wonderful difference.

My best friend bought me old-fashioned chocolate cookies from the oldest bakery in Chicago, once and I swear they brought me back to my childhood! One of the best feelings I've ever had. As soon as I took my first bite of these I immediately thought that they have the taste that I love so much. After thinking that perhaps the ingredients are very similar - butter, sugar and cocoa, I have no idea what makes the cookie so delicious. For some reason I am determined it's the spirit of the cookie's origin being delivered by horse and wagon in 1905, the year my grandfather was born.

If you are like me, you know why traditional cookie recipes are as delicious as they sound. They are a great thing to make with kids today if you have any little hands eager to help in making them. They will enjoy your cookie childhood stories along with eating the dough straight from the bowl! Truly tradition makes a difference.

Do you have a very old cookie recipe that you'd like to share? The world would love it.